Did you know nearly 50% of entrepreneurs report they struggle with at least one mental illness? The entrepreneur mental health struggle is real. And I’m willing to bet those of us who are tied to social media all day feel the strain a little more. Social media can cause feelings of jealousy, comparison, and envy, which can lead to some serious depression and anxiety, especially if you’re already prone to it (like me)! I’m so glad my friend and fellow mental health awareness advocate Chelsea Watson from Styled By Magic agreed to come on the podcast and share a bit about how she manages her job on social media and the not-so-magical days.
Chelsea Watson, Styled By Magic
Chelsea Watson is a magical content creator who loves sharing her passion for Disney, Style, and her golden retriever, Pascal. She has prided herself on creating a community of supporting, kind, and understanding friends where even if you aren’t feeling so magical, they can come together and not feel so alone. With every magic-filled photo, Chelsea strives to make a genuine connection with her Internet friends.
- Social media puts a lot of pressure on us to look “okay” all the time, but it’s better to share the real you with your followers.
- Why being kind online is always the best strategy.
- It’s totally fine to unfollow or mute accounts if you have to. Mental health is more important that social media!
- If you’re having a bad mental health day, don’t fight it. It’s okay to do some self care and wait it out.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Chelsea’s Feel-Good Playlist:
- Bibia Be Ye Ye – Ed Sheeran
- Good Life – OneRepublic
- You Make My Dreams – Hall & Oates
- Geronimo – Sheppard
- Sunflower – Post Malone ft. Swae Lee
- Boys – Charli XCX
- Here (In Your Arms) – Hellogoodbye
- Classic – MKTO
- When Can I See You Again? – Owl City
- Get Lit – Shirley House
Thank You for Listening!
If you loved this episode of Influencer Education, please …
- Leave a comment on this episode below
- Leave an honest review on iTunes
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join the Facebook Group – Content Magic Creators
- Sign up for the Fairy Tale Social email newsletter to get updates on future episodes
- Send me an email with topic suggestions or general feedback
- Share this article on social media or send it to a friend!
(and get a free gift!)