Now’s the time to get on Snapchat if you’re not already! It’s the fastest growing social media platform right now and nobody wants to get left behind.
If you’re totally new to Snapchat and need a tutorial on how it works, I wrote one on my blog This Fairy Tale Life. Click here to read it.
Once you’ve figured out the basics, the next step is to come up with content. This actually shouldn’t be too difficult, as Snapchat is meant to be an “in the moment” app. Simply share what you’re up to! But if you’re still at a loss, here are some Snapchat ideas for small businesses.
10 Snapchat Ideas for Small Businesses
1. Introduce yourself. Introducing yourself to your followers is a great way to get things started! You can answer a few things like who you are, what you do, where you live, how you grew up, if you’re married and if you have kids or pets … really the possibilities are endless here.
2. Do a tour of your workplace or home. Home tours are always fun! People love to see how other people live. If you’re not comfortable snapping your home and you have an office, do a tour there.
3. Show behind the scenes of your work. If you’re in the wedding industry, show some behind the scenes of an actual wedding or a networking event! If you’re a creative entrepreneur, show off the creative process.
4. Snap a recipe. It doesn’t matter who you are or what you do, everybody loves food. And everybody can benefit from learning a new easy recipe. Even if you think it might be boring, I promise there’s someone out there who can learn something new from the way you make a grilled cheese sandwich.
5. Show a “day in the life.” Use the Snapchat time stamp to your benefit by doing a “day in the life” story. Start from the time you wake up to the time you go to bed, and include just about everything in between. Everyone’s day looks a little bit different, so these types of Snap stories are always interesting.
6. Introduce your pets. Or kids. People love pets and kids.
7. Give business insider tips. What do you wish your clients knew about your business? Go ahead and share some tips that you feel like everybody should know when they hire you.
8. Show what’s on your desk. Kind of like a mini office tour, talk about the must-have items you keep at your desk. Some people have nice and clean desks, and others are a little bit messier *ahem*, but it’s always fun to see what people keep at arm’s reach during the day.
9. Interview a coworker or colleague. Or have them interview you. This is a great way to cross promote your followers to your friends and fellow business owners while also providing valuable information.
10. Show off the business tools you can’t live without. This will vary depending on your industry. If you’re a photographer, show off your camera gear. If you’re a wedding planner, show your day planner and your online tools that keep you organized. If you’re an artist, show off your tools. On Instagram, usually you see only the finished product, so use Snapchat to show us what it takes to get there.
What’s your favorite way to use Snapchat?