What is disclosure and why is it necessary? When and what needs to be disclosed? Why are the guidelines SO confusing? We are getting into ALL of if … the basics of disclosure for influencers, bloggers, and content creators, what the FTC says about it, and even some real life examples.
- The FTC has put disclosure guidelines in place for online marketers to protect consumers.
- While consumers are familiar with traditional advertising, like TV commercials or magazine ads, social media ads are not as clear.
- The FTC requires disclosure be “clear and concise.”
- The FTC recommends using the terms “Ad” or “Sponsored” to disclose.
- Terms like “hosted,” “gifted,” and “partner” are not clear enough.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Thank You for Listening!
If you loved this episode of Influencer Education, please …
- Leave a comment on this episode below
- Leave an honest review on iTunes
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join the Facebook Group – Content Magic Creators
- Sign up for the Fairy Tale Social email newsletter to get updates on future episodes
- Send me an email with topic suggestions or general feedback
- Share this article on social media or send it to a friend!
(and get a free gift!)