If you’ve been in the influencer marketing space for a while, chances are you have heard some guru tell you that the best way to grow your audience is with giveaways. But what most of the gurus don’t tell you is that the majority of “giveaways” on social media are actually illegal lotteries. YIPES! In this episode, I go over the different types of giveaways, and share my (not-a-lawyer) advice on how to keep your social media giveaway legal and ethical.
- How to determine if your giveaway is a sweepstakes, contest, or lottery.
- Avoid requirements that turn your giveaway into an illegal lottery.
- Find out what language needs to be included in your Terms and Conditions.
- How to use a third party app to host your sweepstakes.
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Social Media Promotions and the Law by Sara F. Hawkins
- How to Run an Effective Sweepstakes or Contest by National Sweepstakes Company
- Facebook Pages, Groups, and Events Guidelines
- Twitter Contest Rules
- Instagram Promotion Guidelines
Thank You for Listening!
If you loved this episode of Influencer Education, please …
- Leave a comment on this episode below
- Leave an honest review on iTunes
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join the Facebook Group – Social Media Tips & Influencer Education
- Sign up for the Joy Social email newsletter to get updates on future episodes
- Send me an email with topic suggestions or general feedback
- Share this article on social media or send it to a friend!