The relationship between content creators and public relations can be a complicated one. That’s why I asked my friend and PR pro Vy Spear to come on this episode and talk on the topic of influencer marketing from the agency side. Vy has 10 years of public relations experience, working with a wide range of bloggers, vloggers, and influencers. And since she is a blogger herself, she knows how the relationship should work from both sides. Learn the difference between PR agencies and in-house PR departments, how to strengthen your relationship with PR pros, and how PR agencies select influencers to work with on their campaigns.
Vy Spear, Vy Loves to Eat
Vy Spear is the Corporate Communications Manager at Preferred Hotels & Resorts, the world’s largest independent hotel brand. She has nearly 10 years’ experience working in public relations roles for travel industry brands, collaborating with a wide range of influencers and content creators, from YouTube beauty vloggers, Instagram landscape photographers, to micro-influencers in travel, as well as blogger networks to promote the travel/tourism industry. In her spare time, Vy is the editor-in-chief of a local food blog called “Vy Loves to Eat” and the managing editor of a Disneyland blog for families called “Babes in Disneyland.” Vy holds a Bachelor of Arts in Communications, with an emphasis on Travel & Tourism, from California State University, Fullerton. She currently resides in Orange County with her family, and you can find her on Instagram at @vylovestoeat or on Linkedin.
- Different between a PR agency, and in-house PR department.
- Find out why PR agencies send bloggers press releases and want us to promote for free.
- What engagement stats are PR pros really looking for?
- Why do PR departments seem to always work with their favorites (and how can you break in)?
- When is the best time to pitch PR departments?
- How can creators ensure diversity in campaigns?
Mentioned in this Episode:
(This section may include affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you make a purchase.)
- Vy Spear’s LinkedIn Profile
- Vy Loves to Eat blog
- Episode 5 – Diversity and Representation in Blogging
Thank You for Listening!
If you loved this episode of Influencer Education, please …
- Leave a comment on this episode below
- Leave an honest review on iTunes
- Follow me on Instagram
- Join the Facebook Group – Content Magic Creators
- Sign up for the Fairy Tale Social email newsletter to get updates on future episodes (and get a free gift!)
- Send me an email with topic suggestions or general feedback
- Share this article on social media or send it to a friend!